Pages

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have been MIA...I have been designing, packaging and creating new stuff trying to get ready for the opening of my new store. And I will explain more about that later in the week, but I wanted to share a new Challenges at DSO!
Hosted by Dawn aka Snowsmoon and Linda aka Bon Scrapatit Designs

First off here is our new Challange:

The idea behind *DAYS GONE BY* is to get y'all scrapping your memories pre-children (before becoming "Mom" or "Dad") so that they will have an album or albums to look through that tell them the story of YOUR family heritage prior to their arrival! Pretty cool, eh? Uh, huh, we think so! WOOT!

Each month, we will challenge you to scrap a different part of YOUR history before having children and, for the most part, before you became adults!

BASIC GUIDELINES: SIMPLE, FUN and REWARDING in that upon your post in the DSO gallery set up specifically for this challenge with a link back here in each month's thread linking to your layout(s) in the gallery, you will receive a FREE mini-kit from either Dawn or myself (we will be alternating months) by way of the Private Messaging System (PM), as a REWARD for y'all having some FUN with us each month AND in preserving YOUR family heritage before motherhood or fatherhood! Either way, y'all benefit as you will be whittling away at your scrapping "to-do" list while also receiving some SPECIAL designs from Dawn and I to use for future challenges or whatever your hearts so desire!

In the creation of your "masterpieces", we ask that you use designs created by any of our FABULOUS DSO designers, whether it be items purchased from the store, "freebies" downloaded from DSO designer blogs OR "freebies" that are given out here at DSO! Please make sure to give credit to the designer/designers whose creations you use when posting your layout(s).

For our KICK-OFF this month, September 2009, will be asking you to scrap ONE important event that took place during your childhood, anywhere from your birth (or even while en utero!) to your 18th birthday. For example; your birth, the birth of a sibling, your "first" date, a special award or, perhaps, YOUR "first" trip away from home by yourself, just a few ideas to help get your creative juices flowing!

We hope that you will enjoy sharing your *DAYS GONE BY* with US, as well as YOUR children!

DEADLINE: September 30, 2009

Here are a couple of examples I did of my DAYS GONE BY!
This was my first portrait by a studio in CA. My parents moved to Santa Ana, CA from Pontiac, MI shortly after getting married as my uncle got my dad a job at Disneyland driving a fairy boat. They had just opened Disneyland (1958) and my mom was so excited...My dress was a gift from my grandma, pink dotted swiss. Mom said that it was her first time away from home and that not long after I was born and this photo was taken, they moved back to MI, she was so homesick.

This one was me at 5 years, the summer before I started school! It was my grandmas favorite photo as I remember it in a frame beside her bed. Grandma had a heart attack, from what I remember, and was always laying down in her own room (I always thought it was strange that my grandparents had separate bedrooms, but now that I am older realize it was she was sick alot and moved into the other bedroom so that my paw could get his sleep.).

SO come join in the fun with Linda and I as we all start scrapping our


*DAYS GONE BY*

Here is the posting bonus for Sept!!!
I will be back tomorrow night to post Charlie new desktop challenge and update you on some upcoming new and exciting things going on in MY DIGITAL WORLD!

Sweet Dreams all...................

No comments: