Good morning Scrapland!
We are over “hump day” and it is almost to the weekend, WOO HOO. I hope this finds you safe and not snowed in without utilities! What a snow storm the United States had this week. 30 some states were affected. Seeing some of the videos and news reports made me feel glad I was in one of the few states that didn’t get it. I so remember the snow storm in the 1970’s around Thanksgiving. Kind of the same thing, 20 plus inches dumped over night. Not fun at all as we were visiting our grandma in Auburn Hills, Michigan (was called Auburn Heights back in the day). We lived in Independence, KY and they closed Interstate 75 the day we were to return home. My brother and I had concert tickets to see Electric Light Orchestra in Cincinnati, Ohio. You can only imagine two teenagers falling apart because we couldn’t get home in time for the concert. Funny the things that were important to us back then…(little blast from the past!)
I wanted to share a Blog Goodie with you, but first have some exciting give away I'd like to share with you. My BFF, Bon Scrapatit Designs aka Linda Walton is offering on her blog. It is so SWEET!
OK, Here are the two kits:
Here are the RULES and please read rest of the details from Linda’s Blog when you visit and/or download the kits.
Rules are as follows:
- You must use pieces from either the kit you download today, *Warm Winter Wishes* or from the *Friends. Dreams. Memories.* kit, which is still available for download on the side bar if you've not already done so
- You may use templates as long as proper credit is given (you may view my layout HERE for an example of giving proper credit when uploading your layouts to public galleries)
- Upload your layout(s) HERE (membership is open and does not require you to wait for approval)
- Return to Bon Scrapatit Designs blog and post a link to your layout in the Bon Scrapatit Design's Flickr pool in the comment box of the post I establish specifically for your links. This way I can easily use Random.org to choose a winner and/or winners! (I will post and link at the very top of my blog for easy access)
- You may create as many layouts as you wish. This, of course, will increase your chances of winning! Speed scrapping is fine, but out of fairness to all, I ask that you do your best and not just throw a layout together. In other words, create a page that you would consider print worthy for a photo book or album *wink*
- Have fun and get your scrap on!
Deadline for posting layouts to the group pool and linking back here is 12:00 pm PST on Valentine's Day, February 14th!
I would like to share the layouts I created with WARM WINTER WISHES. I had so much fun playing with this kit. And it is funny, my first reaction to seeing the preview was “this one is going to be a real challenge for me”. SURPRISE….I did two layouts the night Linda shared it with me. Got up the next morning and did two more. I think WARM WINTER WISHES helped me get my MOJO back, that is for sure! Thank YOU Girlfriend…tee hee! Please note that my layouts will not be entered in the give away, as I have been doing some taste testing for her before she released the kit, but here they are.