Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy New Year, Blog Friends!!!!

I can’t believe it has been so long since I have posted to my blog. To sum it up an one sentence, I had been very burnt out and lost my creative flow. Life has been a big contributor to that for me. BUT it is time to, “Pick myself up, dust my self off and START all over again!”

SO with that said, I will take baby steps here, and post a little about a few things I would like to share with Scrapland and my friends/followers. Plus I have been doing some sewing and quilting. Something I haven’t done in a long time. I so enjoyed it. Can’t wait to share with you!

I did say before I became MIA, that I was working on some rag quilts, lap size throws for my little guys and I can now show them to you, now that Christmas has come and gone and they have them.

The first one is the one I made Javier. He was the one who was at Wal-mart with me one day as I was getting some fabric for the baby quilt I made for Linda Walton’s Granddaughter, BABY Girl! (humm, did I share the final pictures with you. I will have to look). Funny we were in Wal-mart with the boys yesterday and Dusty got some fabric to make a laptop cover out of and as we were standing, waiting for the clerk to cut the fabric, Javier came walking up to us with two more bolts of fabric (one with Curious George, which he said was for him and the other was from the Disney movie, Cars for his brother Xander). Dusty and I looked at each other and started laughing before he even said a word about them. I asked him, “Baby Javi, are you going to start sewing too?” He replied,”NO! These are for you to make another quilt for us.” (remember, he is only 6 years old. Smart as a whip, he thinks!). Of course, Xander who was with us too, says, “Yes Grandma, Yes. We want you to make us another quilt because it has been REALLY cold!”  But no, they did not sucker Grandma this time, as that is how I got started one these! They did turn out really CUTE, don’t you think? I made a pillow and personalized sham (pillow case), with opening in the back with room enough to keep the quilt in it when they are not using it. THEY love them!!!! But Poor Mikey, I still don’t have his done. He is the oldest and I am making his bigger. That is what I am working on now!

imagejpeg952

(this picture is from my cell phone, can’t find the one I took with my camera. Sorry it isn’t better)

DSCN6466

DSCN6468

I started making these around the same time of my last post, my vacation to visit my parents, getting back it was Thanksgiving, then my daughter and the boys were moving and they had come to stay with me for two weeks until the apartment was ready. Then of course Christmas was just around the corner ect ect… There were two events in the middle of all that I went to for my older grandkids had . . . SOOOO I have a lot to share with you over the next few weeks.

So miss this form of communication. Our personal blogs seems to be falling by the wayside since the newer social networking have become so popular. FaceBook and Twitter are fun and a quick way to share and keep up with each other, BUT…blogging is much more personable, don’t you think? Don’t get me wrong, if you have a facebook account, you know that I am on it A LOT…but I still like visting my digi-scrap and designer friends on their personal blogs.

Which brings me to my BFF’s blog, Bon Scrapatits Designs aka Linda Walton who just posted an adorable sneak preview of her new release called, “Warm Winter Wishes”.

SNEAK PEAK….COMING SOON TO

 BON SCRAPATITS DESIGN

“WARM WINTER WISHES”

LLW_WarmWinterWishes_SneakPeek

AND she has also a little TASTE of her “Scrapatit “ for you.

Jace-WishUponaStar

 LLW_WarmWinterWishes_ScrapatitsBlogPreview

Check Linda’s blog out and a Taste of her designing we all Love! 

Will be posting more as soon as she releases her kit and I get the photos together of my trip to Bloomfield MO!

Happy SCRAPPING!

Signture_thumb[2]

No comments: