Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Hello Scrapland Friends and WELCOME 2014

Happy New Year EVERYONE!



Project Life Page of "2012 in Review"-pg 1

I hope this finds everyone having a great new beginning to 2014. It has been a crazy end of 2013 for me and I am just getting back in the swing of working in Photoshop, my scrapping tools/supplies and photographs. I have organized photos, supplies and setting up a work space about half way through last year and made four albums for my children for Christmas this last year. With that said, been editing and printed over 500 photos for those albums. I used the theme of Christmas Gatherings from the year 2005-2013 (after Christmas was over, I picked out the best ones and had them printed so they could put them in their own books). For my girls, I got 12 x 12 albums so that they can add more pages (or pages I make for them to add in the same albums. Pocket pages are so the way in preserving  memories and storytelling of ones life. I have to say, Becky Higgins is a GREAT inspiration for her beginning her Project Life method of scrapping memories for future generations.

During the rest of the year, I got a new job, finally. But I was not feeling well which isn't like me at all, so I spent lots of time running to doctor appointments to find out that my blood pressure was running high again. Finally got that fixed (I hope) so I am back to my real love, documenting our life in pocket pages using photographs, mostly digital but doing some of my older prints as well. I am sure you see that I am couple of years behind scrapping, I am starting my 2012 album now, but really enjoying it.

My best friend and I were talking the other night, in one of "Whip the World" long chats, how she saw some gals putting together their project life pages digitally, having them printed 12x12 and then trimming them apart to put into pocket pages. I thought that is a good idea, especially for gals like us, that have been digitally scrapping and sharing on our blogs with other gals in our scraping communities. I added her idea to the idea I had seen that gave me the inspiration to make my 3x4 card in gray scale and adding a splash of color with glitter for the monograms in the colors of the months birthstones. The day just got away from me, I made all the cards. Then took Linda's advise on making my own template for the page. And last I added the photos to just see how it would turn out....I am very pleased. Now just need to get the page printed. WOW...I think I really like this idea. THANKS Linda aka Bon Scrapatit Designs for the great IDEA. I am sure you are going to love it too.

Well, I sure hope it doesn't take me as long as it did this time to get back to my blog, but until then I hope and pray everyone is doing well and still putting your memories and storytelling in an album for all your loved ones or even for yourself to share your favorite and even some of your not so favorite times so they are kept alive. Sweet Dreams!

PS....Here is page two!

PSS....I forgot the most important thing that happened this week...how could I have forgot this!!!!!
This pages was made for my Sn@p Album I am make as a Photo and Craft Journal for 2014

  

2 comments:

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

LOL! It is really quite amazing how much whipping two mamas can do in an hour or two, isn't it? He, he...

Love, love, LOVE the 3x4 montly cards with a touch of glitz!!! You KNOW I love them!!!

What a fabulous year-in-review. I just know that I would struggle with trying to narrow it down to one or two favorite pics to include. KUDOS on completing this project and CONGRATS on your upcoming trip to The Gathering Place!!! I think you will be truly amazed at the laid-back lifestyle and abundance of ALOHA found on the island. Wiki, wiki...

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

*monthly cards - ugh!