Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

JUST SCRAPPING and SHARING

Well it was my first week back in classes so I haven't done much in the way of designing, but I have been relaxing by doing some scrapping. As I am cleaning up my hard drive I have found a couple of kits I bought and haven't used yet...imagine that, finding a kit you haven't used yet...LOL. And how many do you have????? But we won't go there....250 gig drive with 200 gig full of nothing but digital scrapping and photos.

This first one is my Day one photo for the 365 photo challenge... read comments below each one!


Day 1- We have been going to the Quick's house for New Year's dinner for about four years now. Laura and Gerry are good friends of ours and with the holidays being so busy, we get together on this day each year to have a special dinner and visit.

Credits: Going Dotty Alpha-A work in progress,Template-Andrea Gold, Winter Kiss-Nikki Beaudreau and (Number) Chubby Alpha-Kitty Design. Stitching by Cyntha Angiel.Christmas Wishes (Frame) by Lorie M.


Day 9 - By request of my BFF, Linda, I decided to take a few pictures of my "feathered babies" The first one is Ruby and the second is Elmo, which I haven't scrapped yet but will do and add late this week.

Ruby is an Grand Eclectics(one of the only parrots that you can tell the females-which are red from the males-which are green), that I got as a hatchling and hand feed her after her first 6 weeks with her mother, Scarlet (a bird I hand feed at a pet store that I worked at years ago). Scarlet ended up being donated to the Brevard Zoo as her owner couldn't handle her (they are known as being biters and one person birds). Anyway Scarlet laid her first egg after she arrived at her new home, Charlie (my ex-husband works at the zoo as a Keeper) found her egg in time to take it into the nursery to be put in an incubator. A few weeks after she hatched, Charlie's boss asked if he wanted the bird as he had found the egg and took care of it plus he also knew and had handled Scarlet from the pet store...we are talking about an $800.00 bird retail...just a little history. There is more to that history but I won't bother with how I ended up with her.

The hatchling was my beloved "RUBY". She Hatched the same day as my first grandson, Chaz, was born, Dec 26. 15 years ago. But over the years, Ruby has become VERY VERY attached to JJ (my partner) and doesn't have nothing to do with me. She even goes as far as trying to attack me, (yes the hand that feeds her) if she is out of the cage on the floor and sees me (boy would that be a picture for the 365 photo challenge...LOL). So needless to say she is no longer my bird, my "Baby Girl" (one of the words I taught her) is JJ's Bird.
Yes she is a biter too, except for JJ, He can do anything with her, which she loves. Doesn't talk much, but can sure get you hopping by thinking your cell phone is ringing.

Credits: Dawn to Dusk by Flerg Font: Stencil

Day 6- I stopped by to see my sweet little guys to see them ride their new bikes. As they were getting excited and wanting to run out the door, I stopped them to take this photo and being so excited about going out side, they weren't to happy to stop for ANOTHER photo, Grandma!

Credits: Jeanealogy by Bon Scrapatit Designs

Well, I hope to have a few goodies for you all by the end of the week. I started a little something and will post as soon as I get it all together. Have a wonderful week and see you around scrapland!

1 comment:

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

Awwww, thank you girlfriend!!! Ruby is SOOOOOOO purdy! Gosh, I just LOVE her coloring and her name is TOO perfect and SWEET! And, then there is ELMO! GOTTA LOVE that name FOR SURE!

Thank you for sharing your babies and I SO love what you've done with *Jeanealogy of a Man*!!! Those boys are just THE CUTEST and how BLESSED you are to see them on a fairly regular basis. Kaleb will most likely be walking next I see him!

Love you girl and hope to chat today, SOMETIME! I know you have school so let me know when it's GOOD for YOU!

BIG HUGS and have a BEAUTIFUL day!
Linda *hearts*