Pages

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Hello everyone out here in Scrapland...

This morning I would like to share a blog post I read this morning which is very near and dear to my heart as well. I have followed Hummie's blog for some time now, and would like you to read it so that you totally understand what and why I am blogging about a comment I left for her. Here is the link to her post, HUMMIE'S WORLD! (please right click and open as a new tab or new window) so that you can read my post after wards.

Comment I left on HUMMIE's blog post this morning:

First, I woulds like to say that my grammar is not great, and I am usually quick and to the point, not a very good writer so please bare with me as I try to reply/comment to your post as you are a gal from my own HEART. And have hit the nail on the head for something that is near and dear to my heart as well.

AMEN Sister...WOW if that doesn't get some attention, (and I mean that in a good way)as I see it is something I have felt and wanted to say for some time now.

I have spent 5 plus years in the digi world and seen many changes, good and bad, learned many awesome things by gals and blogs, forums and gallery's like yours. And as a blogger for almost 3 plus years now, I totally agree with what you are saying here. I, too, at the times have gone through your very same emotions 3 or 4 times during my life in the digi world. YOU GIVE AND GIVE AND GIVE...which on one hand is something that makes me feel good about myself so I keep doing in almost every aspect of my life BUT sometimes it is nice to be noticed for it.

I have made many good friends from surfing around scrapland, 5+ which came from the very first site I got heavily involved with and no matter what path our lives take us, we have try hard to keep up and support each other as much as we can, this is one of the things I am very very THANKFUL for. We keep each other on an up beat through thick and thin of what life throws at us. MY point is, is that without their support, I would of thrown in the towel long ago for this very same reason you have the ability of putting in kind but firm words here.

Yes, I have followed your blog for a long time. Have read most every post...and to be honest I am not sure I have commented many times at all, but if something hits me, like this has today, I do try to post a few kind words of thanks for your efforts. YOU are a great leader, AWESOME teacher and a SUPER GREAT Inspiration. Please accept my gratitude for ALL your efforts, including this AWAKE up call this morning. As my greatest teacher of life, next to my Mother, God says, "Do unto others as you would have them do onto YOU." Simple things like a few kind words, which by the way, cost nothing and/or takes only a fraction of the time to type as we put into whatever we are sharing on our blogs, forums and gallery's "DO MEAN A LOT TO US" no matter how little or short it is. Kindness and Thoughtfulness goes along way.

THANK YOU, HUMMIE from the bottom of my heart for reminding us that with little effort on our part, "Kindlness and Thoughtfulness goes along way with anything in life and these facts and matter no exception."

AND I would like to thank all my FOLLOWERS, leaders, fellow designers/bloggers and most of all MY Friends, "the Sisterhood of the Traveling DigiScrappers". Without you, I am almost sure I would not still be lingering around SCRAPLAND!
Love and Peace
Dawn aka Snowsmoon's Design

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow! What a surprise to wake up to this morning!

You dug up an old post from January! I had to go re-read it myself -- and it was good that my own post reminded me of my own thoughts!

I am glad that my writings of old are being found and read. Thank you for the warm fuzzies. You go girl!

Keep inspiring others and don't stop giving...well...give yourself a break from time to time!

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

I feel the same way you do girlfriend. If not for the support of my DEAREST, DEAREST friends and loyal blog readers, I'm not so sure I'd even be making an attempt to find my way back to Scrapland!

I love you girlie!!!

XOXO

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!
LUV YA SWEETY!!!!!!!!!!
HUGE GIANT HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!